Security & Safety Tips
Welcome to Bleu Safety Tips! Now that your part of the Bleu Community, we want you to feel safe and secure when meeting new people online. Listed below are some suggestions that will make your online/offline Blue experience a safer one:
- When online, never give out personal or sensitive information, such as: your social security number, credit card number or bank information, or your work or home address to people you don’t know or haven’t met in person. Note: Bleu will never send you an email asking for your username and password information. Any such communications should be reported immediately.
- Block and report suspicious users. You can block and report concerns about any suspicious user at Support@bleucrush.net
- Keep conversations on the platform. Bad actors will try to move the conversation to text, personal email or phone conversations.
Offline behavior first in-person meetings are exciting, but always take precautions and follow these guidelines to help you stay safe:
- Get to know the other person and keep your communications on Bleu platform to do so
- Be sure to get to know users in-depth online/using the app before meeting them in person. It’s up to you to research and do your due diligence.
- Always Meet and Stay in Public Meet for the first few times in a populated, public place–never in a private or remote location and never at your date’s home or apartment. If your date pressures you, end the date and leave at once.
- Inform a friend or family member of your plans and let them know when and where you are going
- Make sure you have your cell phone charged and with you at all times
- Transport yourself to and from the meeting. You need to be independent and in control of your own transportation, especially in case things don’t work out. Uber, Lyft or Taxi are good options
- Stay sober: Consumption of alcohol and/or other drugs can impair your judgment and potentially put you in danger. It’s important to keep a clear mind and avoid anything that might place you at risk. Be aware that bad actors might try to take advantage of you by altering your beverage(s) with synthetic substances.
- Date at your own Risk!!
- When meeting in person, make sure your wallet/purse is always within eyesight
- Make sure you are comfortable with the progression of the relationship and don’t move faster than you feel is right
- If you feel you are in immediate danger, please call 911 or the emergency services in your area
- If engaging in sexual behavior, be sure to be safe and know your partner’s sexual health and history prior to
- Trust your judgement and your gut feelings! If it doesn’t feel right, stop communication